Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday- May 19, 2011

Open Water Swim:

Swam with Malena Hankins this morning up on Lake Allatoona (while her husband, John, support kayaked for us). She was just starting when I showed up so I waited to join in on the next lap. Water was up, clear, and flat...perfect. Only thing was temp....with the cooler temps this week (dropping in the 40's at night) the water cooled quite a bit since last Saturday. My guess is that it was about 70ish. So I jumped in and goosebumps right away. It took a good 15 minutes to really warm up. The cold mostly bugs my inner ears more than anything, but it wasn't bad. Once I got going it felt great.

So I did one lap swim, one pull with buoy and paddles (picked up from shore real quick) and the final lap swim. Malena and I pushed the last 1/2 mile to the finish. So she did a little over 4 miles and me a little over 3 (5k). Probably swam about 70-75 minutes for me I'd guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment