Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday- June 9, 2009

Open Water Day:

Had to prepare a little for a phone interview tomorrow so I hit the lake late this afternoon. Did a few back and forth of the lake (about 600-800 yards is my guess each way). The first back and forth I just swam free stretching out (but not too much, I have to watch for boats as well, although its fairly quiet during the week). Then did another back and forth with just paddles.

Later we needed to pull out boat out of the water since it wouldn't start and stranded us last weekend. So with no one up there to tow us I pulled the boat with my brother in it by a rope and with my fins. It was only 12 minutes to get it over the boat ramp, but its heavy and about 500-600 yards away....you'll feel it in the hamstrings! I found the best technique was to loop the rope around my chest and do breast with freestyle kick with the fins.

So a little unconventional workout but it was nice. Will hit the pool tomorrow for about 3500 LCM just working on some technique and a few pace 100's probably in prep for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment